Guardians, companions, carers, friends
At Promedica24, quality carers are the core of our business. Most of our carers are more mature and have chosen care as a vocation. They love what they do and we are proud to have them as members of our high quality team.
We have dedicated recruitment offices across Poland. Promedica24 carers are carefully selected, language tested and security screened before they come to the UK. We take personal and professional references and look for carers with previous care experience.
Before coming to the UK, all carers undertake the following:
- Five-day residential training course covering essentials needed to
provide care in the UK
- Person-centred care course
- UK documentation course including medical administration records
- Key conditions and medical terminology module
- Dignity and choice in the provision of care course
All Promedica24 carers undertake continued personal development (CPD) and training whilst in the UK:
- Remote learning completed online and monitored by our Care
- Tested in house and certificated by Promedica24
- Mulberry House e-learning qualification in care attained though the
British Accreditation Council
Only carers who complete their training to the highest standards and adhere to all ongoing CPD are invited to care for our clients in the UK.
Our carers are part of our family and we take care of them as such. The work they do is challenging, emotional and is extremely important, making a difference to people’s lives every single day. Their happiness and wellbeing is crucial and we have a comprehensive support structure in place to support them.
- Eight regionally based UK care managers who visit every carer monthly
- Team of eight Poland based care managers who call the carers on a fortnightly basis
- 24/7 telephone support line for carers to call should they need
- We provide private medical insurance
- We provide carers families with the same private medical insurance
- Carer of the Year Awards ensue their efforts are recognised nationally
When carers are ‘off-contract’ and at home in Poland, they receive the same care and attention from us:
- They are still paid by the company
- We run carer days including picnics and sailing days
- We organise craft and cookery courses
- Friends and family are encouraged to be involved in all activities.
Happy carers make great carers, and great carers are what makes Promedica24 so special.